- Assist the Registered Nurse in carrying out the plan of care.
- Assist the Registered Nurse in performing specialized procedures as directed by the Registered Nurse under physician’s orders.
- Assist with the preparation, implementation and continuing evaluation of the patient care plan.
- Recognize and understand the effects of social and economic problems upon patients and provides for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Help teach the patient the appropriate self-care techniques.
- Foster cooperative effort among personnel by understanding the functions of other persons involved in patient care and by active participation in team and staff conferences.
- Assume responsibility for personal and vocational growth and development through active participation in nursing organizations and participating in in-service programs and other on the job learning.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes (not to include admission).
- Observe, record, and report to the appropriate person patient symptoms, reactions and changes including:
- The general physical and mental condition of patients and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of untoward changes.
- Stresses in human relationships between the patients and staff personnel and between patients and their families and visitors.
- Observe, record and report to the appropriate person the general physical and mental condition of patients and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of changes in condition.
- Assist with the rehabilitation of patients according to the medical care plan by encouraging the interests and special aptitudes of the patient and encouraging patients to help themselves using their own capabilities.
- Further assist in rehabilitation by reporting any abnormality in the patient’s range of motion, body mechanics or body alignment.
- Actively participate in nursing organizations and promotes and participates in in-service programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 401K Matching
- 8 hour shifts
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Call as assigned
- Home Health 1 year (Preferred)